Charter of North Carolina Community College Institutional Information Processing System Users Group (IIPS) Preamble
In order to more effectively engender, nurture, and promote communications, collaboration, and cooperation among North Carolina Community College Institutions using computers for academic and administrative uses; to cultivate professional development and adequately acquire and manage computer resources for the advancement of educational opportunity; we do hereby establish the North Carolina Community College Institutional Information Processing System Users Group, hereinafter referred to as IIPS.
The name of this organization shall be North Carolina Community College Institutional Information Processing System Users Group and its duration shall be perpetual. In the event of it’s dissolution, any and all assets of said organization shall inure to the North Carolina Community College System Office or it’s assigns or successors.
The purposes for which this Group is organized are as follows:
1. To increase communications among member institutions relative to software enhancements, individually developed software, and any other such information germane to the performance of those duties and responsibilities generally accorded to such computer system users.
2. To increase cooperative efforts, in both act and spirit, among member institutions in the management of computer services for the academic and administrative needs of each institution.
3. To promote and provide opportunities for professional development of personnel in member institutions through such workshops, seminars, etc., as may best accomplish such ends.
4. To promote interaction with appropriate regional and national organizations whose purposes and services are compatible with those of IIPS and to encourage membership in such organizations.
5. To provide a united voice to communicate needed software revisions and improvements of state-supported programs to the Community College System Office.
6. To facilitate communications with all member institutions.
7. To share information concerning successful and innovative uses of computer applications among member institutions.
Membership shall include and be confined to personnel officially affiliated with an Institution within the North Carolina Community College System, members of the State staff of the System, or special project personnel directly and officially affiliated with either of the above entities.
Classifications of membership and the privileges and responsibilities accorded respectively to each are ascribed in the By-Laws.
Conduct of Affairs
The affairs of the organization shall be administered by a President, one or more Vice-Presidents, a Secretary, and a Treasurer, and such other officers as may be provided for by the By-Laws of the organization.
Such officers shall be elected by and from the membership at the annual meeting and within those procedures as specified In the By-Laws.
This charter may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of all voting members, present and voting, at the annual meeting. Provisional amendments may be made when urgently necessary by a majority vote of the executive committee as identified in the By-Laws, and such shall remain enforceable only until such time as they might be considered by the entire membership at the annual meeting.
Institutional Information Processing System Users Group